Summer Day In The Middle Of Winter

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."
- Albert Camus


Today was a lovely summer day in the middle of winter.

 

25 degrees in July, I could smell summer in the air already. Had an ice cream after lunch, this was all too good to be true.

The smell of summer, at least for me, gave me a sense of happiness. It's as if good things will happen in summer. You feel more active, energetic and alive. I am pumped... I am ready for summer.

Of course people feel differently and have different preference to each season. I don't know why I prefer summer. Maybe summer clothes are nicer, maybe I get cold more easily than getting warm, or maybe Aussie Christmas Day is in summer and I get a few days off work.

The recent warm and windy weather created a "hairdryer effect" that melted part of the snow from the Aussie Alps in the past 3 days as shown in the pictures below. Probably not the best place to be for these few days.


Unfortunately tomorrow the cold weather will return once again. At least the little taste of summer got me excited and motivate.

Winter is back! But don't worry.... Summer IS coming....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings Canyon NT

Tasmania Trip Day 3 - Cradle Mountain

Cowan to Berowra via Berowra Waters