Have a bake, Have a KitKat!

Today I tried baking this specially designed Kit Kat that my friend mentioned about half a year ago. I saw them at the Asian supermarket so I bought one to try.
 
It is a pudding flavoured Kit Kat, and initially I didn't understand the part where you actually have to bake it yourself. I opened one and ate it straight away. Luckily you can either eat it raw like a chocolate, or baked like a biscuit.
 
I thought the Kit Kat looked a bit different and pale compared to the packaging, and realised I need to bake it myself.....
 

 
There are instructions on the back of the pack if you can read Japanese. Otherwise just look at the picture and guess. I think it says something along the line of... put the Kit Kat onto a baking tray and bake them for 2-2.5 minues, or until the surface start to change into a golden brownish colour.


I missed the part where they suggested to refrigerate the Kit Kat before baking for better looking outcome. The fridge picture was in blue and that's why I didn't pay much attention to it.

So I lined them up with spaces in between as the Kit Kat may melt slightly when baked.


The packaging recommends using a toaster oven, which I don't have. I used a grill setting on my oven, and after about 3.5 minutes, the Kit Kat started to turn brown on the top.


It gets very hot so leave them to cool a little.







It became a hard, crunchy, biscuit with flaky wafer layers inside. Very pleasant and interesting texture, but tasted more like sweet white chocolate than pudding to me.

 
It was a fun experience. However, being a pretty lazy person, I wish there is an already baked version for me to buy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings Canyon NT

Tasmania Trip Day 3 - Cradle Mountain

Cowan to Berowra via Berowra Waters