Exploring Minnamurra to Kiama

I have done this coastal walk from Gerringong to Minnamura a few months ago but I realised I missed some interesting places along the way. This time I came back to explore this section in greater depth.

We began the walk from Minnamura station and took a short walk to Minnamurra river. A little beach led to a rocky headland.






We made a few wrong turns which led us to some magical places. We might have trespassed through some people's backyards along the way.....


We took a back way which we thought was a short cut. Not long after, I started to wonder if this is leading anywhere? It did lead us to another beach, and at the end of that beach we found this waiting around the corner.....




THE CATHEDRAL ROCK!

The last time I saw it was from a lookout. I did wonder back then if I could walk down, closer to the rock, but I couldn't see the path. So this was a really pleasant surprise for me. This of course means.... Photo time!

We couldn't see any path that will lead us out to the main road by continuing so we had to turn around and head back. There were a few stairs from the beach but it seemed like they all leading into people's houses. We even walked up an extremely steep hill and thought it was a 'short cut', but it wasn't. Not sure how I managed to not roll down the hill because it was VERY steep.

Once we got to the road, the walk continued to Bombo Quarry. Another magical place.







We then walked across another beach, Bombo beach, before we got to Kiama. Tried to find a cafe for a quick late lunch, but I must say, everything there is overpriced.

Had great fun exploring the area. There were surprises around every corner. Really worth spending time and exploring the area. Lessons learnt today are ..... DON'T believe in short cuts..... and choosing the road less taken may lead you to magnificent places.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings Canyon NT

Tasmania Trip Day 3 - Cradle Mountain

Cowan to Berowra via Berowra Waters